Estate planning is a must for anyone who wants to make sure that their final property and health care wishes are honored, and that their loved ones are provided for. A proper estate plan can:
- Ensure that your property will pass to those you have chosen, as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Minimize the amount of taxes that will be paid in order for your assets to be transferred after your death
- Ensure that your wishes for your health care are honored
Many people believe that estate planning and asset protection are only for the wealthy. This is simply not true. Regardless of the size of your estate, proper planning can save time and expense.
Why do you need a legal will?
- Appoint an executor of your estate
- Arrange bequests to a charitable cause
- Arrange custody of your minor children
- Asset protection and preservation
- Avoid the expense of guardianship
- Avoid probate hassles for your heirs
- Ensure your wishes are respected regarding your property
- Save taxes, probate administration costs, and attorney’s fees
Why should an estate planning attorney draw up your will?
- Choose an appropriate executor
- Ensure the legality of your will
- Minimize the prospect of will contests
- Minimize taxes on your estate
- Simplify the legal process
Catherine S. Strong, RN, BSN, JD, fully understands the emotions that accompany estate planning. Her compassionate nature will minimize the discomfort of contemplating your own death or incapacity. Catherine Strong will answer all of your questions and help you address any issues or concerns that you have regarding your estate planning needs. Her expertise in drawing up complex wills, simple wills, and trusts and her knowledge of the specific estate planning laws in Washington State, enable her to be a strong advocate for your needs and wishes.
Contact a lawyer with a focus on helping seniors
At my Seattle law office, I advise people about estate planning, trusts, wills, gifting and other mechanisms of estate planning. More important, I help clients decide upon a plan in order to achieve their individual needs and goals.
Contact me at the law office of Catherine S. Strong, RN, BSN, JD. I can help you get started along the path that will allow you to arrange your assets in a way that matches your goals and objectives.